Hire An Attorney Who Understands That Every Family Is Unique
You already know how special your family is, but you want a lawyer who understands your family’s needs as they face the difficult path ahead. When you call the Law Office of Joshua B. James, LLC, you will speak with an attorney who recognizes that your situation is unique.
Our office handles many different family law issues, including:
- Divorce planning: Our firm handles both contested and uncontested divorce matters.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: We can guide couples through important financial discussions.
- Appellate cases: In the event it’s necessary to appeal your case, attorney Joshua James can assist you with the appellate process. Not all trial attorneys handle appellate cases.
- Child custody: Custody and visitation issues are central to divorces involving children.
- Parenting plans: If you and your spouse will be sharing custody, the court will require you to create a parenting plan.
- Division of property: Following child custody, property division is commonly considered the second most important aspect of a divorce.
- Child support: Child support in Alabama is calculated under specific guidelines determined by the Alabama Legislature. Our firm can tell you what to expect.
- Military divorce: Divorce in a military family requires unique legal knowledge.
- Child dependency: These cases often involve juvenile court or child abuse/neglect and are handled differently than other family law matters.
We Will Walk You Through Each Step Of The Divorce Process
Going through a divorce can be scary. You are facing an uncertain future. Attorney Joshua James will guide you through each step of the process, answering all your questions.
Your first step will be filing a complaint with the court. Alabama law allows you to state grounds for the divorce, but also allows for no fault divorce. In that case, you simply tell the court you had an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage that cannot be corrected.
The next steps depend upon whether you are facing a contested or an uncontested divorce. We understand that you have many priorities right now as you build a new life. We will take care of your legal needs while you take care of other important matters.